Sunday 10 May 2009

Chillingham Castle - Northumberland

Today the family & I took a trip up to Chillingham castle to give me the opportunity to find the best locations in & around the castle to shoot Hazel & Pete's wedding later in the year. The castle is privately owned by Sir Humphrey Wakefield & is situated about 10 miles west of Bamburgh. It oozes oldie worldy charm & is packed with interesting memorabilia from bygone years. If visiting, it is a must to visit the museum room filled with the likes of childrens dolls & prams, rocking horses, a clocks workings from Sedgewick Hall, a trophy presented to Sir Donald Campbell for achieving the world land speed record on the Bonneville salt flats, along with many more fascinating curios!!
Chillingham castle is well known for being Britain's most haunted castle & was featured on the hit TV programme "Most Haunted" with Yvette Fielding. Many people claim to have seen the ghosts here at Chillingham. Being in the torture chambers was very eerie & it wasn't until I returned home & uploaded my images that I noticed some kind of green glow across the body on the wheel to the left of the image. At first I thought it may have been a light but I had taken 3 shots at various angles, 2 of which had this green glow, is this one of the spirits of Chillingham???
The lake lies south of the castle which is about a 5 minute walk away through the enchanted woods & well worth a visit as its beauty is breathtaking!!
As I was leaving I met Sir Humphrey on his horse & had a brief conversation which was very pleasant & look forward to hopefully meeting him again on Hazel & Pete's big day. Here are some of the images from todays shoot.



















2 comments:

Baz said...

Hey! you know on that first picture.. there is an orange orb...

Baz said...

ok.. that celler picture has freaked me out.. you really need mulder to check that out.. that creepy shadow and those other 3 orb type white lights senses a shiver down my back.